Carlisle and District Credit Union Ltd
Carlisle and District Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial institution dedicated to serving the needs of its members.
All credit unions are governed by a Board of Directors, elected by and from its membership. Credit unions are made up of people with a common bond, something that draws them together – where they live, where they work, etc. Carlisle and District Credit Union serves everyone who lives or works in Cumbria.
When you join a credit union, you open a share account (savings). It is called a share account because the individual becomes part owner of the credit union.
Since credit unions are not-for-profit organisations, any money made above the cost of operations is returned to the members in the form of dividend.
What’s so different about them?
Everyone seems to be after your money these days. Newspapers are full of adverts offering savings schemes or loans, so what makes a credit union different?
- An easy way to save.
- An affordable way to borrow.
- Life insurance on loans at no extra cost.
- Profits returned to members in the form of an annual dividend.
- Money stays in the community – no fat cat bonuses.
- Regulated and insured so you know that your money is safe – Carlisle and District Credit Union is covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme and strictly regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- Part of a world wide movement promoting thrift, financial independence and co-operation.